- How do I find and apply for a job?
Follow these simple steps:
- Create your profile. Include as much information about your skills, education and experience as possible. You may be asked for more information later on in the process, but you want to make sure you make this as clear and as detailed as possible.
- Search for a job by your Region; or browse jobs by category.
- Click the Apply Now button once you find a job that interests you.
- Answer any additional questions the application may have.
- Click the Submit Application button when finished.
- You may be asked to finish the application on the employer’s website. If that’s the case, you will be redirected to their website where you will have to fill out some more information to complete the application.
- Wait to hear from the employer. Don’t forget to check your email and voicemail regularly.
If you do not hear from employers within seven to 10 business days, you may contact them directly on your own.
- How do I edit my profile?
To review or edit your profile, first sign in to your account. Then follow these steps:
- On your My Account page, click the Profile tab.
- Click Edit next to the section you’d like to edit.
- Edit your profile information accordingly. Click Continue to save changes.
- To update the Education and Experience sections of your profile, use the Edit and Delete buttons at the top of the page, located in the yellow box.
- To add another school, fill in the information and click Add Another School.
- To add a job, fill in the information and click Add Another Job.
- If you get stuck at any time, you can click on the Welcome button at the top right of your screen and then click on the Profile tab to review your updated profile.
- How do I make my profile 100% complete?
Having a profile that’s 100% complete helps improve your chances of getting a job. If your profile is marked as incomplete, that’s most likely because some details are missing from your preferences, work history or education sections. To get your profile to 100%, follow the simple steps below:
- Sign in to your workinghana account.
- Click the Profile tab.
- On the overview page of your profile, make sure that your Contact/Education/Experience sections are complete. Click Edit to add information or make changes.
- Click the Continue button to save the changes and bring you back to the overview page.
- Why was my application rejected?
We can’t give you an exact answer because workinghana is not involved in employers’ hiring decisions. There are many possible reasons for your application being rejected:
- There’s a lot of competition for jobs right now.
- Your skills and work experience may not have been exactly what the employer was looking for.
- Are there blanks in your online profile? Employers like to have as much information about you as possible.You may have made a spelling mistake. While this sounds like a small thing, employers tell us that this is the number one mistake that job seekers make.
Don’t get discouraged! Our most successful job seekers apply to 10 or more jobs. So get out there and apply, apply, apply.
- I didn’t update my profile before submitting an application. Can I change my application now?
We always encourage job seekers to keep their profiles updated with new skills and experience. Unfortunately, once you apply to a company, you cannot re-apply for 35 days. This is because our employers do not wish to receive more than one profile per job seeker.
Keep in mind, if you were sent to the employer’s website to apply, you may be able to log into their system to make the changes. Your best bet would be to check their website first before you try to contact them directly.
If you wish, you may contact the employer on your own, explain your situation and provide your updated information.
- Why do I have to go to the employer’s website to finish applying for a job?
Some of the employers who advertise jobs on our site require job seekers to apply on their company website. When you click Apply Now on workinghana, you may be sent to another site to finish the application process. Don’t skip this step! If you do not fully complete the application process, you won’t be considered for the job.
If you have computer problems or other difficulties finishing the application process on the employer’s site, come back to workinghana, sign in, and go to My Account. Scroll to the bottom of the page to view your applications. Look for the title of the job you’re trying to apply to and click Application at employer site to finish this application. Keep in mind that this link will take you directly to the employer’s application process and you may be asked to include some information included on your workinghana profile.
- Can I apply for a job through workinghana if I don’t have an email address?
You need an email address to use workinghana, but the good news is that it’s free, quick and easy to get your own email address. Gmail, Yahoo both allow you to create free email accounts. Just be sure to pick an email name that’s in good taste and professional – employers may not call you if your email is email@example.com.
- How can I delete my account?
Are you sure you want to delete your account? We cannot reactivate it once deleted. You must have an account to apply to jobs on workinghana. If you already found a job, we still recommend keeping your profile active in case a great opportunity comes along. Your information is secure.
If your profile is outdated, just sign in and click Edit Account.
Want to still be able to access your workinghana account, but wish to stop getting emails? Simply access your account and click on the Settings tab. At the bottom of the page, you’ll see the option to Snooze your account. All of your information will be saved and you will be able to Unsnooze your account when you are ready to start back with your job search.
To permanently delete your account, go to the “Contact us” form and select Delete profile as your subject. Then submit your request. Please tell us why you’re deleting your account – if there’s anything we can do to make your experience on workinghana better, we want to know!
- Why am I receiving job alerts that aren’t tailored to my preferences?
The job alert emails you receive are based only on your geographic area. When companies have new jobs available in your area, you’ll receive job alerts if you have opted in to receive our emails.
To search for specific jobs catered to your interests, you will need to search jobs by Region or you can search jobs by keyword. This will show you all the available opportunities in your area. You can also browse jobs by category.
- How do I unsubscribe from email alerts?
That’s easy! Click here to unsubscribe. Make sure the email address you enter is the same one that appears at the bottom of the emails you receive from us.
- How can I contact employers?
The employers on our site have asked us not to give out their contact information. To contact an employer, we suggest using your local directory, going directly to the employer’s website, or using an Internet search engine to find contact information for the location you applied to. Most of our employers list their address on our website, so you will be able to use that to guide your search.
Following up on your application is an important part of your job search. Not sure exactly what to do? No worries! We break it down for you in this video.
- How do I enable cookies?
Cookies are short pieces of data used by websites to help remember users. If you get the “cookies not enabled” message, first verify that third-party software on your computer (such as ad blockers and personal firewalls) is not blocking cookies.
Then, check your browser’s settings to make sure that cookies are enabled and allowed for your workinghana session:
In Internet Explorer
- At the top of the browser window, click on the Tools menu, then click Internet Options and select the Privacy tab.
- Set the slider to Medium.
- You can also click the Sites button, type in workinghana and select Allow.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Options.
- Click the Privacy icon.
- Make sure Accept cookies from sites is checked.
- Make sure Accept third-party cookies is checked.
- Click Exceptions and make sure workinghana is not listed.
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- Click the Security icon.
- Where it says “Accept cookies,” select Always.
- How do I change my email address?
Sign in to your workinghana account and click the Profile tab. Click the Change button next to your email address. Change your email address and click the Save Changes button to save your information.
- How much do the jobs on workinghana pay?
Some employers post the hourly wages they offer in their job descriptions, while others choose to discuss that information in the interview.
- How much does workinghana cost to use?
Using workinghana is free for job seekers. If you’re looking to hire employees for your business, posting jobs on workinghana is effective and affordable. Find rates and information here.
- What requirements do international applicants need to fulfill?
You should be living and residing in the Ghana in order to apply for any of the jobs posted on our website. Keep in mind that the employers are looking for employees who can come in for an interview and start work immediately.
With very few exceptions, international applicants looking for jobs in the Ghana must have a Exchange Visitors’ Visa.
- An employer I applied to told me they’re not accepting applications. Why is the job on your site?
Because of the high turnover rate in hourly jobs, some of our employers choose to list their job openings with workinghana year-round in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. These employers are constantly hiring new workers – however, they may not be hiring in your area at the exact moment you’re looking for a job.
What does this mean to you? If you apply to a job and then the employer tells you they’re not interviewing now, be patient. We hear from job seekers that they get hired weeks, even months after applying. The employer has your application filed away and may contact you when positions open back up. In the meantime, please check workinghana regularly, because we add new jobs every day.
If you want to see when a job was posted on our site, try using the Keyword search tool where postings dates are listed.
If you want to be notified about new jobs in your area, sign up for our email Job Alerts.