The role holder is responsible for the delivery of plant availability and machine efficiency, working with his team of technicians.
Purpose of Role
- To execute packaging maintenance in respect of Asset care, projects, modifications, overhauls, spare parts and safety to ensure plant and equipment availability
- Commit to Occupational Health and Safety standards. Frequently state and articulate that Safety is our No.1 priority. Be visible as an ambassador for safety by behaving in a safe manner at all times and always challenging unsafe practices and behavior of others, reprimanding where appropriate. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Achieve 100% conformance to Safety, Statutory and Engineering and Risk Management Standards.
- Provide input into packaging maintenance plans
- Achieve packaging engineering Key Performance Indicators
- Improve asset performance versus targets through the execution of effective planned maintenance activities (e.g. shutdowns, overhauls) and providing technical input into packaging teams in collaboration with the packaging maintenance planner.
- Implement best engineering practices and provide input into packaging asset care management.
- Participate in the execution of packaging overhauls to ensure that these activities are completed on time to specifications and budget.
Qualifications and Experience Required / Skills
- Degree in Engineering/ HND Engineering.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintenance engineering in food or drink manufacturing environment.
- A holder of the GhIE or equivalent recognized body will be useful
- Proven first line management skills
- Computer Literate
- Resource management Skills
- People management & motivational skills
- Networking/influencing /communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Knowledge in Root Cause Problem Solving (RCPS) Research skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships.
- Lack of understanding of the commercial and Demand agenda within the business.
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
- The use of inappropriate language.
- Inability to manage people for success
GGBL operates from two sites in four drinks categories: Stout, Lager, RTD and Malt as well as the distribution of Spirits.
Consumers and customers in this region expect products of the highest quality. There is also growing middle classes who are likely to experiment with new products.
GGBL is undertaking significant change process, principally in the areas of accountability, quality maintenance practices, supply planning, cost reduction and efficiency. In line with its objectives GGBL will develop its people and create an environment that attracts and retains the best people.
As the Supply function we will produce quality products in a safe environment at competitive costs, on time and in full with no errors.