IOM, acting as implementing partner for the European Commission, is seeking to recruit a number of local staff for support functions assigned to the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) in Ghana. All positions are short term assignments (2 to 3 months) based in Accra and offer successful applicants that opportunity to gain valuable experience of working for an international organisation.
Job Title: Political / Campaign Finance Analyst Assistant
• Under the overall supervision of the Political / Campaign Finance Analyst of the EU EOM, the Political / Campaign Finance Analyst Assistant will provide technical and administrative assistance in the analysis of the political situation taking into consideration the country’s history, the most recent political development, the existing legal framework, other legal documents relevant to the election process
• Furthermore, the assistant will provide technical and administrative assistance in the framework analysis regarding the regulation in Ghana of political finances in general and of campaign finances in particular, and assess the situation regarding political party and candidates campaign financing in line with international standards
• Arrange meetings with high ranking officials, with political parties, candidates, civil society and any other party as requested by the Political Analyst, Interpret and take minutes of meetings
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Law, Political Science or related field
• Relevant professional experience of at least 3 years (preferably with international organizations or NGOs in the related field).
• Excellent English communications skills are essential
• Fluency in any other local language would be an asset
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com – Clearly stating the position VNE number Each application should include a CV and short application in English only, plus full contact details. Closing Date: 28 October, 2016