To coordinate the design and implementation of campaigns at the local and national levels, build capacity of all stakeholders implement campaign interventions facilitate external engagements with key development partners, learning, documentation and ensuring linkages with national strategic objectives and CWB reporting requirements.
- The positions is based at the Head Office
- S/He reports to the Child Protection and Advocacy Manager.
- Lead the development and implementation of World Vision Ghana’s campaign on health, EVAC and other technical programmes.
- Review NO Strategies and policies and ensuring that advocacy and campaign issues are embedded and work closely with all technical programme Managers to ensure alignment with NO strategy.
- Ensure that WVG advocacy and campaign contribute to the achievement of the National Office\s Strategic Objectives.
- Coordinate and ensure synergy in all campaigns in the national office (WASH, Education, economic development and livelihood).
- In liaison with Child Protection and Advocacy Manager mobilize supporters and develop policy statements that will contribute to the realization of WV Ghana’s Strategic objectives.
- In consultation with CP and Advocacy Manager build the capability of staff at all levels in integrated advocacy and campaign programming.
- Build capacity of all technical leads to undertake policy analysis and develop policy products for their respective sectors in conjunction with the CP&A Manager.
- Build capacity of children, other vulnerable groups, Community Based Organizations, local government agencies and other service providers to implement campaign interventions.
- Identify and select external organizations for the purposes of external engagement for policy influencing, campaigning, resource acquisition and other relationships of mutual benefit at all levels.
- Participate in networks/coalitions at all levels towards the attainment of WV Ghana’s strategic objectives for the wellbeing of Most Vulnerable Children.
- Identify and build networks of children from the AP to National levels for the purposes amplifying their voice on issues that affect their wellbeing.
- Work with the CP&A Manager to explore and engage with inters agency platforms at AP, sub-national and national levels towards building and sustaining overall momentum for national level policy advocacy and campaigns.
- Reporting on all advocacy and campaign outcomes.
- Produce knowledge management materials including child-led advocacy or community change projects, campaign fundraising and WVG image branding.
- Support DME and ADP Managers to design and monitor and evaluate advocacy and campaign on health/Education/WASH/Economic development outcomes to generate the needed evidence for policy engagements.
Education / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Degree in Public Policy, Social Science, Governance, Development Studies, Law, or other related field public health or relevant discipline, or Master’s Degree in Public Policy and Management, public health or Governance is preferred.
- 4- 5 years of experience working in child protection: including child protection program design, implementation and monitoring; staff training and coaching.
- 4-5 years’ experience of developing and managing the implementation of Rights Based approaches.
- Experience of managing micro-macro linkages in working with community groups, networks and government agencies on Rights Based processes.
- Experience of managing empowering partnerships and other relationships.
- Experience of developing proposals and coordinating ideas for managing donor relationships.
- Sound knowledge in global political debates and their impacts on issues regarding water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Experienced in managing research projects and documentation
- Sound knowledge of sectors-WASH, Health/Nutrition, Education, HEA, Children/Women and their policies in Ghana.
- Proven experience in managing national and international campaigns.