To ensure that World Vision’s GI-WASH and Northern Operations fleet of vehicles are road worthy at all times and that all legal requirements with regards to registration, license and insurance are adhered to; and maintain an up to date data on all vehicles and also to ensure that all drilling equipment are in good working condition at all times for operations.
- The position is based Savelugu
- S/He reports to the GI WASH Program Manager
- Ensure that maintenance routines of drilling rigs and compressors are adhered to and thus minimize the downtime of drilling operations.
- Ensure that new vehicles are processed at the DVLA to ensure they are fully registered and insured in compliance with the legal requirements of Ghana.
- Maintain and update maintenance records for all vehicles making sure all log books are filled and other documentations such fuel consumption are accurate .
- Provide supervision to the team of field mechanics and driver mechanics in the areas of work scheduling and performance appraisals.
- Plan all vehicle movements and allocations for project visitors and staff and follow up on vehicle tracking incidences that are identified.
- Work closely with procurement department in ensuring that the right spare parts for drilling equipment and vehicles are purchased in time for maintenance purposes. Thus ensuring that adequate stock levels for consumable spares and lubricants for both drilling equipment and project vehicles.
- Coordinate with P&C, Police and Insurance company on accident procedures involving organizational vehicles and staff.
- Assist in the selection, certification and refresher training and supervision of drivers ensuring that drivers performances are monitored measured and their capacity enhanced.
- Generate and submit monthly report respectively to the GI-WASH Manager, and National Fleet Supervisor who subsequently submits to the Finance and Support Services Director on activities – repair and maintenance, monthly fuel utilization, transport services, accidents, number of renewals, log book filling, per vehicle etc.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or HND (Eng) or MVT 6+ years’ experience two of which should include some administrative and supervisory experience;
- Working knowledge of drilling equipment maintenance like Explorac R50 drilling rig and Atlas Copco compressor is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of drilling equipment maintenance is a must;
- Experience with diesel engines;
- Computer Literacy
- Solid Knowledge in electronic and mechanic issues;
- Must be flexible as may be called upon at odd hours;
- Professional Drivers’ License (Class D) – 8000 kg
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English;
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services;
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.