Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
JOB TITLE:Pitram Administrator
POSITION TITLE (BCT):Pitram Administrator
REPORTS TO:Subika Underground Manager
JOB FAMILY: Projects/Operations
DIMENSIONS: The Pitram Administrator is accountable for establishing and implementing the Pitram mine control database for Subika Underground Operations
Operating Cost/Budget/Production: Operations/Capital Budget: $0M Manpower Budget:1-4
# Positions directly supervised: 2
# Positions indirectly supervised:0
The core business function is to provide SUG a stable mine control database for operational and project reporting, and in accordance to Newmont Standards.
• Ensure quality and control of daily inputs of production activities in the mine control system
• Ensure suitable reports are created to support operations
• Ensure new activities are inputted into the mine control system from the technical team
• Accountable for the site relationship with the mine control systems vendor
• Ensure software updates occur when required in a timely manner
• Accountable for training of site personnel in the use of the mine control system
• Amend any issues with daily, weekly, monthly inputs into the mine control system
• Ensure the Mine Control Guidelines & Procedures are updated
• Assist with the creation of end of month actuals
Safety and Environment
• Participate and contribute to safe practice and environmental awareness.
• Actively participate in all Newmont Ghana safety and environmental systems and initiatives.
• Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental practices.
• Identification of potential hazards and action that is appropriately taken.
• Maintenance of a high standard of efficiency, safety and effectiveness.
• Raising, discussion and resolution of safety issues at regular meetings.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Potential for hazardous conditions exists in underground mines and the incumbent must be familiar with them.
• Potential for adverse environmental conditions exists in some locations.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Tertiary qualifications in computing, programming or IT a benefit.
• Previously managed mine control or production control databases
• Previous use of Pitram a benefit
• Previous database administration and reporting essential
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge database administration and reporting essential
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)