- GE Global Operations
- Global Operations Properties (GO-P) leads the full spectrum of real estate support functions from global facility management to worldwide construction projects to defining real estate strategy for locations and offices housing GE’s 300K+ employees. The Property Leader – West Africa is responsible for this entire scope for GE properties in West Africa, the current focus countries being Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D’Ivore & Cameroon.
- Managing facilities across the West Africa region, the Property Leader will provide leadership, direction and will communicate/present ideas and requirements to all levels to optimize the property portfolio.
- – Serve as a properties expert for GO-P in the sub-region providing advice and counsel to GE businesses in development of Growth Playbooks and Budgets.
- – Develop capital project requirements and define roles, responsibilities of project team with appropriate resources.
- – Manage process for approval of funds required to optimize the property portfolio.
- – Ensure lease agreements are executed and maintained compliantly.
- – Develop execution plans for capital projects, optimizing GE value.
- – Manage project(s) scope, control costs and schedule and ensure compliance with contract documents, whilst always ensuring alignment with business requirements.
- – Ensure the optimum operation of properties leveraging IFM partners to deliver safe and compliant environments that meet the needs of the stakeholders.
- – Leverage the marketplace, as well as existing relationships, to maximize value with suppliers.
- – Work with GO-P regional and wider teams (Operations, Engineering, Legal, Sourcing) to manage leases, capital projects and operations of facilities.
- – Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in Surveying, Engineering, Construction/Building Sciences, Architecture, Project Management or Facilities Management or significant relevant experience
- – Five years of experience managing industrial building construction projects (minimum single project value $5M USD) and commercial building projects working directly for an owner or as an owner’s representative within the Africa region.
- – Demonstrated increasing levels of responsibility and accountability gained from within an international corporate environment
- – Proven ability to self-manage, self-motivate and drive team performance
- – able to organize and focus teams and tasks remotely in a matrix environment
- – Strong financial acumen, able to build, analyse and manage budgets with an understanding of capital vs operational expenditure with corresponding impacts to the balance sheet and P&L account.
- – Proven leadership, interpersonal, influencing, communication and presentation skills
- – Proficient with Microsoft Office software; experience working with digital online databases
- – Project management experience, including identifying projects, developing project plans and execution strategies (must have experience as project leaders/developers, not only as superintendents/field engineers) Eligibility Requirements:
- – Must submit your application for employment through COS (internal candidates) and GE Careers (external candidates) to be considered for this position.
- – Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, which may include drug testing (where allowed by law), reference verification and background check.
- – Must be authorized and willing to work from an office in Lagos, Nigeria.
- – Must be willing to travel approximately 30% of the time.
- – Graduate degree and 10+ years of relevant construction/project/property management experience as an end user with an international corporation already operating within the region
- – Auditing qualification at a recognized institution (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and OHSAS 18001)
- – Experience with Environmental, Health and Safety oversight
- – Good organizational, presentation and analytical skills
- – Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- – Culturally aware , fluent in English but French would also be an advantage
- – Independent thinker, capable of identifying emerging issues and recommending appropriate mitigation
- – Ability to self-manage/motivate and independently drive performance in a challenging environment, within a matrix organization and with a limited supply chain
- – Needs to be confident and display enthusiasm for construction. Must have a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- – Demonstrated ability to deliver against measurable goals
- – Ability to organize and focus teams, tasks and requests and manage sites/teams remotely
- – Ability to translate real estate strategy into project and operational deliverables
- – Ability to engage with and report out to internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- – Project Management certification from a recognized agency and/or a Chartered Surveyor
- – Facility management/maintenance/EHS experience within a corporate environment across multiple locations/countries
- – Real estate transactional experience including property/land identification, shortlisting and lease/purchase negotiation