We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic designer to join our growing UX team and play a vital role in shaping a world-class user experience for over 26 million households on the internet. As a Senior User Experience Designer at Synacor, you will work closely with Product and Engineering teams in crafting next generation web experiences across a variety of platforms and devices. You will apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives and technology capabilities into world-class experiences.
- Design world-class consumer experiences (UI designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment
- Create high-end visual interfaces for consumer facing web experiences and applications while adhering to best practice and trending visual standards
- Gain knowledge of the business requirements of our clients and translate them into user experiences
- Communicate and document design specifications and concepts
- Create wireframes, visual concepts and interactive prototypes to describe the user experience and interaction models
- Work closely with cross-functional teams and collaborate with product managers, developers, and designers to define and achieve product objectives.
- Develop and provide thought leadership in the architecture and user experience for features and products across multiple devices.
- Consider and leverage all available insights including market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings in all design activities.
- 5+ years experience creating large-scale digital interfaces for consumer-facing web applications
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Expertise with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Working knowledge of HTML, xHTML, CSS and web standards
- BA/BS in design-related discipline preferred
- Experience designing for multiple device platforms
***In order to be considered for this role, please submit a portfolio with your application.***