IOM, acting as implementing partner for the European Commission, is seeking to recruit a number of local staff for support functions assigned to the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) in Ghana. All positions are short term assignments (2 to 3 months) based in Accra and offer successful applicants that opportunity to gain valuable experience of working for an international organisation.
Job Title: Finance & Contracts Expert Assistant
• Under the overall supervision of Finance & Contracts Expert, the Finance & Contracts Expert Assistant will perform the following tasks, Facilitate the administration arrangements for the mission in close collaboration with the Finance & Contracts Expert, Ensure that briefings from IOM cover all areas relevant to the observers including the administration
• Assist in the recruitment of local staff and prepare contracts/payroll according to IOM and EC regulations, goods receipt of purchased items, invoice related documentation
• Assist in establishing smooth and transparent cooperation with mission experts.
• Assist in planning and organisation of the deployment of the international staff and related disbursement of cash advances
• She/he will participate in staff briefings, debriefings and team meetings as required and perform any other duties that may be required
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Business Administration or related field
• The candidate must have at least 3 years professional experience performing similar functions in an International Organization or NGO
• The candidate must be willing to work flexible working hours and under tight deadlines
• Excellent English communications skills are essential
• Fluency in any other local language would be an asset
. Proficiency in word processing and other Microsoft software required
Applications should be submitted by email to: email@example.com – Clearly stating the position VNE number Each application should include a CV and short application in English only, plus full contact details. Closing Date: 28 October, 2016