The Portfolio and revenue analyst is the analytical backbone of the Customer Value Management team. The analyst is responsible for analysing the performance of existing products & consumer segments within the marketing portfolio. The understanding derived from the portfolio analysis will be used to continuously refine the portfolio to drive value and to help create propositions that address usage needs of customers across the Youth, Mass and MHVC segments.
As the portfolio custodian, the analyst will assess the impact of business decisions on the value of the portfolio and disseminate insights gleaned from the portfolio to the various Segments, CVM and other Marketing stakeholders. The Specialist will be very critical in the development of new products by driving the development of the business case and working with the respective stakeholders at each stage.
The analyst will be the custodian of the CVM Report and other key performance reports which will cover all base activities across the segments, revenue performance, churn performance and other performance indicators.
The portfolio analyst will also take a lead role in the development of annual operational plan (DB) as well as in forecasting revenue trends during the course of the year.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the customer base (across the Youth, Mass and MHVC segments) and their interactions with portfolio products as a key input into portfolio management decisions.
- Coordinate and drive activities necessary for the development of propositions to encourage usage and to address the evolving needs of customers
- Custodian of key base management reports aimed at driving deeper understanding of customers and propositions necessary for effective portfolio management and incremental revenue creation
- Consumer Mobile and Fixed revenue
- Product development lead time
Knowledge and experience
- University Degree in Economics or Finance will be an added advantage
- Strong quantitative ability
- Excellent commercial acumen and ability to identify and solve varied business problems
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to ensure credibility with stakeholders