Next Big Sound is looking for engineers to focus on front-end development. You should have a passion for shipping elegant, fast web applications that will be used by the music industry.
- Proactively look for ways to make Next Big Sound better
- Design of extraction tools using our API
- Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product management, designers, and back-end engineers
- Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Demonstrable experience building world-class, consumer web application interfaces
- Strong command of web standards, CSS-based design, cross-browser compatibility
- Good understanding of web technologies (HTTP, Apache) and familiarity with Unix/Linux
- Knowledgeable foundation in interaction design principles
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- B.S. or higher in Computer science or equivalent
- Please contact us to learn more.
About Next Big Sound
With Next Big Sound, users track mentions of their favorite bands and musical artists across a variety of major music websites: music plays on Last.fm and MySpace, fans on Facebook, iLike, Last.fm, MySpace and Twitter, band page views on MySpace, and band page comments on MySpace. NBS calculates and graphs each of these statistics over time and compares the data to that of other similar bands. The site has been tracking this data since June 2009 for over 486,000 bands. Next Big Sound was recently named as one of the 10 best music startups of 2010 by Billboard Magazine and CEO Alex White was named to Billboard's 30 Under 30 executives to watch list.