Fab exists for one simple reason: To make you smile! It’s more than just a tagline. It’s the way we work.
Fab is the place to discover the most exciting things for your life. Our modern, urban-inspired products allow everyone to design their lives and express their personal sense of style. Always unique, well-designed, and of the highest quality. At Fab, our employees are just as unique as our products! We are always looking for super smart, innovative, and of course quirky, individuals to join our expanding global team. Fab is seeking a world-class talent to join the Fab User Experience team in our NYC office. This position will report to Fab’s SVP of UX and work closely with Fab’s CEO to further evolve the Fab user experience. Who you are:
- You think broadly and push forward independently. You are comfortable single-handedly taking a concept from a one sentence idea to a robust experience ready for release.
- You are an amazing user experience designer and have a fantastic eye for graphic design.
- You understand pixel perfection and why it’s critical.
- You thrive in a fast-paced mentality. We ship code every day. We are constantly challenging ourselves to push the boundaries of e-commerce.
Key areas you will build, own and be accountable for:
- Conceptualize, define and execute new user-facing new products and features. Define use cases, user flows, and experience feature requirements
- Interface with web & mobile developers to ensure experiences are implemented as intended.
- Make our users smile. Take ownership of ensuring that the Fab UX stays Fab as we introduce new features and products at a rapid pace, and that we are delivering smiles with every release.
What you must do to be considered:
- Conduct a review of Fab’s current user experience across web and mobile.
- Present a list of 3 to 5 new features or improvements to the Fab UX you would work on immediately. Please have at least one recommendation each for web and mobile.
- Provide wireframes/mockups for one of the ideas you propose.
- Give examples of user experiences that you personally led and/or designed
What you should bring to the table:
- 2+ years experience in user experience and/or consumer product management
- Strong understanding of user-centric design methodologies and processes
- Deep understanding of web & mobile UX standards, technology trends, and industry trends
- Willingness to learn quickly, adapt, and thrive in a fast paced, rapid release environment.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial/start up environment is prefered.
- Ability to make it fun.