The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organization responsible for the conduct of various examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill a vacant position at its Ghana National Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others:
• Establishing a reliable supply and logistics system
• Managing and coordinating activities of the Stores Department to ensure effective and efficient service delivery
• Rationalizing of Inventory while anticipating and avoiding supply shortages
• Instituting an effective stores system to ensure accurate receipts, issues and store keeping
• Preparing stock levels regularly for guidance of management
• Undertaking annual stock count and submit report to management
• Supervising the operations of the Stores department.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must hold a good University degree (at least Second class, Lower Division) and be a member of good standing of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MClPS).
• Applicants must have at least ten (10) years post qualification experience in Stores, Materials or Procurement.
• Applicants must be well-versed in the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) and have a working knowledge of the Financial Administration Act, 2003 (Act 654) and other related legislation.
• Demonstrable leadership qualities and emotional intelligence
• High integrity, sense of confidentiality and reliability
• Good organizational and co-ordination skills and must be results-oriented
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player