Page Design Group is a full-service design studio based in Sacramento, California. We provide everything from web design, to packaging, to print design and everything in-between. Our regional client base ranges from small startups to large corporations and public agencies. We have great clients and a position open for someone who can contribute in a creative and positive manner to our in-house web design team.
What We’re Looking For
A Swiss Army Knife
Our clients have a variety of differing needs. Therefore, the 14-member staff at Page Design Group has to match those requests with a variety of skill sets. We have a hard time saying no to most requests – however varied they may be. That is what set us apart and kept clients coming back for more. You will need to be able to contribute to these requests as much as possible.
You need to be able to have responsive and professional interactions with clients and other staff members (email, phone, face-to-face.). We work very closely with our clients so fresh breath, good note-taking and communication skills are also critical to this position.
Page Design Group lives in a collaborative and open space, where we harbor a positive spirit within our talented staff. This makes the final product better, and both customers and designers happier. There will always be support to help you, as well as opportunities for back and forth sharing of ideas, design, and code. You will need to be comfortable explaining your ideas, and willing to move on if a different direction has been given.
- You need tohave a good eye for visual layout and graphic design
- Competent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to hand-code a site with semantic HTML5 and CSS3
- 2+ years experience in web design and development
- CMS experience (Wordpress, Drupal etc.)
- Some back-end development experience (PHP, MySQL, etc.)
Nice to have
- Basic Studio Photography skills (working with strobes and digital equipment).
- Animation and editing skills (Comfortable with After Effects, Flash, and Final Cut)
- Some basic networking and IT experience
- Version Control experience (we use Git, but experience with any other system is good)
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing how you can contribute to this fun and challenging environment, set in the heart of the sunny central valley of Northern California.